Okay, to be clear, when I say “office hours,” I’m using the term to describe any space for regularly scheduled interaction between an instructor or course facilitator and a student. This could be a traditional office, a coffee shop, a sidewalk bench etc.
The question is, “What makes for an ideal meeting space for an instructor and student?” More important, “How would you design this?”
Here are other questions to consider as you contemplate your design.
1. What is your desired experience?
2. Should the space be formal or informal?q
3. What kinds of interactions should the space accommodate?
4. How can the space foster the accurate communication of information?
5. What is the best way to facilitate conversation or collaboration?
Time to Design: <10 min
Maximum Number of Building Blocks Allowed: 5
Design Challenge Guidelines and Resources
Some Suggested Solutions: